TIDAL Rising: 5 Things You Should Know About RK ‘El Artista’
With TIDAL Rising we’re constantly showcasing new music from our favorite up-and-coming artists across all genres, and each week we pick one artist in particular to shine our spotlight on. Presenting the TIDAL Rising Artist of the Week: RK ‘El Artista.’
1) He started his musical career at only 7 years old and became well known in Colombia after his participation in Factor X, a reality show where children ages 8-15 compete in hopes of becoming the next big star and made it to the top 10.
2) RK is also an actor starring in the Colombian series Tres Milagros, San Andresito and Paseo 2.
3) He signed with MadMusick one of the most in-demand Latin producers. MadMusick has also produced Daddy Yankee’s “Limbo,” and Zion y Lennox’s “La Botella.”
4) In 2017, the young urban star premiered the video for his first single, “Me Enamore De Una Fan,” which not only trended on social media as #MEDUF but also garnered over 2.5 million views in its first week of premiering. Currently, it is standing at over 40 million views.
5) Puerto Rican artist Daddy Yankee is one of his biggest musical influences.
This week, we’d like you to get to know RK El Artista better. Stay tuned for an interview with the artist/actor where he talks about his incredibly successful first single, “Me Enamore De Una Fan,” and artists that have influenced his life and career. Also, be on the lookout for an exclusive curated playlist of the songs he keeps on replay.
TIDAL is proud to announce the world's first music service with High Fidelity sound quality, High Definition music videos and expertly curated Editorial.