TIDAL Rising Artist of the Week: Eli Teplin
Eli Teplin is a throwback, in some ways. With the timeless approach of person and piano, Teplin has begun to hone in on his craft as a singer-songwriter, much in the vein of luminaries, like Billy Joel and Brian Wilson, and modern singers, like Tobias Jesso Jr. (the latter of which Teplin is currently working with).
If his first single, “Could It Be Over?” is any indication, Teplin has refined his ear time and time again before making his first official single. The wisdom stemming from heartbreak present in the track seemingly comes from a person in throes of love’s scorn. There is an authenticity present in the song’s presentation and emotive intonations. There is a synesthetic quality that constantly alters the shape and color of the music.
We will get to know more about the singer throughout the week on TIDAL Rising. For now, Teplin has shared with us some facts about himself.
1) I wrote my first song after being dumped by a girl in high school.
2) If I weren’t a musician, I’d probably be a sushi chef.
3) I like to meditate before going to bed.
4) I squeeze the toothpaste from the top, which is something I’m still working on.
5) When I find a new song I love, I listen to it on repeat for days.
TIDAL is proud to announce the world's first music service with High Fidelity sound quality, High Definition music videos and expertly curated Editorial.