TIDAL Rising Artist of the Week: 5 Things to Know About Jarina De Marco
With TIDAL Rising we’re constantly showcasing new music from our favorite up-and-coming artists across all genres, and each week we pick one artist in particular to shine our spotlight on. Presenting the TIDAL Rising Artist of the Week: Jarina de Marco.
1) De Marco is of Dominican and Brazilian heritage and has lived in the Dominican Republic, Brazil, Montreal and Brooklyn, New York.
2) She speaks four different languages: English, Spanish, Portuguese and French.
3) She started performing with her parents (both musicians) by the time she could walk.
4) Her musical influences growing up included Billie Holiday, Björk and Los Tetas.
5) The lavender vision for her music video “STFU” came about from a comforter she purchased at Goodwill for a photoshoot.
This week, we’d like you to get to know Jarina de Marco a bit better. Stay tuned for an interview with the artist where she talks about her Dominican and Brazilian heritage, her musical influences, the making of her music video for “STFU” and more. Also, be on the lookout for an exclusive curated playlist of her favorite tracks.
TIDAL is proud to announce the world's first music service with High Fidelity sound quality, High Definition music videos and expertly curated Editorial.