TIDAL Rising Artist Of The Week: Raquel Sofía
With TIDAL Rising we’re constantly showcasing new music from our favorite up-and-coming artists across all genres, and each week we pick one artist in particular to shine our spotlight on. Presenting the TIDAL Rising Artist of the Week: Raquel Sofía.
1) She’s toured with two of Colombia’s greatest global superstars, Shakira and Juanes.
2) In 2015, she released her debut album, Te Quiero Los Domingos (I Want You on Sundays), and was nominated for a Latin Grammy for Best New Artist.
3) Her second album, 2:00 AM, premiering on November 3, is the album she has always wanted to create. “It’s that album that perfectly portrays me and where I am right now,” she tells TIDAL.
4) There was never anything else she wanted to do but be a musician. She started writing songs at eight years old. “The idea of telling stories always fascinated me. I loved the attention, so I loved being on stage. And as a musician both of those things go hand in hand,” she shares.
5) Her favorite album of all time is John Mayer’s Continuum, which she used as a reference point for the warm sounds she incorporated into 2:00 AM. She considers Mayer one of her musical heroes.
This week, we’d like you to get to know Raquel Sofía better. Stay tuned for an interview with the singer-songwriter, where she talks about the making of her second album, her favorite Latin singers and more. Also, be on the lookout for an exclusive curated playlist of the songs she keeps on replay.
TIDAL is proud to announce the world's first music service with High Fidelity sound quality, High Definition music videos and expertly curated Editorial.