TIDAL X: NO LIMIT OFFICIAL RULES
TIDAL X: No Limit
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE RESTRICTED OR PROHIBITED BY LAW. THIS PROMOTION IS NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH INSTAGRAM OR TWITTER.
1. Eligibility: The Tidal X: No Limit Contest (“Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older (19 and older for legal residents of Alabama and Nebraska) at the time of entry. Employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives of Aspiro AB (“Sponsor”), and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising/promotion/fulfillment agencies, and the immediate families (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in their same household of each such person, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. Promotion is void where prohibited by law.
2. Promotion Period: The Promotion begins on August 9, 2016 at 12:00:01 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on September 13th, 2016 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (the “Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s clock is the official clock of the Promotion.
3. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, upload a video to your Instagram or Twitter account of you doing a spin off dance routine to Usher’s “No Limit” (your “Submission”). In order to be eligible, your Submission must include the hashtag #TIDALXNoLimitContest. To access the “No Limit” video, visit TIDAL.com/Usher. Entrants can sign up for a Tidal account (starting off as a free trial period) by visiting http://tidal.com/. Tidal’s Terms and Conditions of Use, available at http://tidal.com/us/terms, apply.
Completing all of the steps above in accordance with the Submission Requirements/Restrictions set forth below and these Official Rules will generate one (1) entry into the Promotion. Submissions received after the Promotion Period will not be eligible to enter or win. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the social media platform used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the social media platform used to enter. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder of the social media platform associated with the winning entry. Signing up for a Instagram and/or Twitter account is free and can be done by visiting their respective websites at www.instagram.com and www.twitter.com. Use of their platform is subject to their terms of service.
4. Submission Requirements/Restrictions: All Submissions must comply with the following minimum guidelines to be eligible:
- Must be original.
- Entrant must have secured in writing (and be able to produce the writing) any and all rights necessary and appropriate to submit the Submission as an entry in the Promotion and grant the rights herein, including, without limitation, all necessary appearance releases for people who appear in the video.
- Must not have won a contest or been previously published or submitted in connection with other contests.
- Must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, property, privacy, publicity, intellectual property or other legal or moral rights of any person or entity.
- Must not disparage Sponsor, an entrant, or any other person or party affiliated with the Promotion or contain material that promotes bigotry, discrimination, racism, ridicule, mockery, or harm against any group or individual based on a health condition or illness, disability, race, gender, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, age, or any other basis.
- Must not contain any material that is libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, threatening, abusive, pornographic, hateful, or is otherwise objectionable;
- Cannot depict illegal activity and cannot itself be in violation of any law.
Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Submission that it determines in its sole discretion to have violated the Submission Requirements/Restrictions or if an Entrant otherwise violates or attempts to violate any portion of the Official Rules.
5. Finalist Selection: A panel of judges, as determined by Sponsor in Sponsor’s sole discretion, will select three (3) finalists (each, a “Finalist”) from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period based on the following criteria:
1) Interpretation of Usher’s dance routine (0-50 points); and
2) Originality of video (0-50 points).
In the event of a tie, the entry with the highest score in “Interpretation of Usher’s dance routine” will be deemed the finalist. The Sponsor and judges reserve the right to consider criteria other than the forementioned, and to assign to each of the above and to any such other criteria such weights as the Sponsor and judges may determine in their sole discretion. The potential Finalists will be notified by direct message to the finalist’s Instagram/Twitter account after the Promotion Period and must respond to Sponsor within 24 hours or another Finalist may be selected. The potential Finalists will be required to execute and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release (the “Release”) and any other documents reasonably requested by Sponsor within two (2) days of date of issuance of notification. Noncompliance with the foregoing, with these Official Rules or any notification being returned as non-deliverable, may result in disqualification and, at Sponsor’s discretion, a runner-up being notified and selected as a Finalist. Sponsor reserves the right to select more or less than three (3) Finalists, in its sole discretion, depending upon the number of eligible entries received. The Sponsor and judges reserve the right to review all Submissions either before or after they have been posted and reserve the right in their sole and absolute discretion to reject any Submissions that violates these Official Rules without any notification or warning.
6. Grand Prize Winner Selection: From September 6, 2016 at 12:01 a.m. ET until September 13, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. ET (“Voting Period”), the Finalist’s Submissions will be posted on a Sponsor-designated website (the “Website”) for peer voting. Voting eligibility requirements will be set forth on the Website. Entrants are prohibited from obtaining votes by fraudulent or inappropriate means, including, without limitation, offering prizes or other inducements to members of the public, as defined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Voters who do not comply with the voting instructions set forth on the Website will not have their votes cast or counted. At the conclusion of the Voting Period, the Submission with the greatest number of valid votes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will be declared the Grand Prize Winner (subject to verification and compliance with these Official Rules). In the event of a tie, such tied finalists will be judged by a “tie-breaking” judge based on the following criteria: “Interpretation of Usher’s dance routine”: 0-100 points.
Finalists: Each Finalist (including the potential Grant Prize Winner) will receive the following prize:
- Attendance at a Master’s Class in Atlanta with Usher’s Choreographer.
- Roundtrip airfare (economy class) for Finalist from a major airport near Finalist’s residence to an Atlanta-area airport
-  night at a hotel of Sponsor’s choosing (standard room double occupancy)
Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Finalist prize: $1,567.
Grand Prize Winner: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive the chance to attend one of Usher’s upcoming music videos. There is no approximate retail value of this prize.
Total ARV of all prizes: $4,700.
The date and location of the Masters Class and Usher’s music video shall be selected and scheduled by Sponsor (in Sponsor’s sole discretion). Prizes cannot be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize, or portion thereof, with a prize of comparable or greater value, in its sole discretion. Winners are responsible for their own costs and expenses associated with the acceptance or use of the prize that are not specifically stated above. All federal, state and local taxes on the prize value are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winners may be required to produce government-issued identification. ARV of the prize may vary depending on point of departure and may fluctuate due to market conditions, changes in value of components (e.g., air transportation and hotel rates), and other reasons beyond Sponsor’s control. ARV at time of actual Prize award may be different than ARV stated herein due to such conditions. Any difference between stated ARV and actual value of prize upon award will not be awarded. Winners must complete the trip on the dates specified by Sponsor or the prize will be forfeited. Additional travel conditions, limitations and restrictions may apply. Winner is responsible for obtaining any necessary travel documents. Sponsor is not responsible for cancellations or delays of the flights. Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to provide ground transportation in lieu of airfare for travel.
8. Ownership and Publicity: As between entrant and Sponsor, entrant owns the Submission provided in connection with the Promotion. By participating in this Promotion and uploading the Submission, entrant grants Sponsor and each of its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents and licensees a royalty-free, unconditional, irrevocable, and perpetual right, license and consent, without any compensation, consideration or further notification, to use, edit, reproduce, print, publish, display, transmit, distribute, sell, perform, adapt, enhance, or create derivative works from the Submission (or any part thereof), for any purpose, including but not limited to editorial, advertising, trade, commercial, and publicity purposes, in any media throughout the world, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsor chooses to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder. Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes each Finalist’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of the finalist’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, Submission, opinions and/or hometown for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. Release: By participating, each entrant acknowledges and agrees: (1) to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and judges which are final and binding in all respects; (2) that his/her Submission (and all components thereof) will not be acknowledged or returned; and (3) that Sponsor, Usher Raymond IV, High Valley’s LLC, Instagram, Twitter and each of their respect parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising/promotion/fulfillment agencies, and any other person or entity associated with or affiliated with the Promotion (collectively, the “Released Parties”), shall have no liability and will be held harmless by entrants for any liability, loss, injury or damage to participants or any other person or entity, including personal injury or death to participants or any other person or damage to personal or real property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of entrant’s participation in this Promotion, the use of any Submission or acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to void suspect entries or to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Promotion (or any portion thereof) should virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes, including but not limited to war or armed conflict (whether or not officially declared), labor controversy or threat thereof, and/or acts of God, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the promotion and, in the event of such cancellation, suspension or termination, at its discretion, as applicable, select the winner from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received prior to event requiring cancellation, termination or suspension.
10. Limitation of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for lost, incomplete, late, damaged, delayed, garbled, inaccurate, incomplete or misdirected entries, submissions, votes or email messages; failures or malfunctions of phones, phone lines or telephone systems or other communications malfunctions; interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections including those through the Website, miscommunications, failed computer hardware or software or other technical failures; garbled, lost, misrouted or scrambled transmissions; any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in any transmission or communication; traffic congestion on the Internet or for any technical problem, including but not limited to any injury or damage to Entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in this Promotion; printing, typographical or other errors appearing within these Official Rules or in any Promotion-related advertisements or other materials; or other errors or problems of any kind whether mechanical, human, technical, electronic or otherwise; or the administration of the Promotion; or the processing or judging of entries or submissions or the tabulation of votes. Use of any device to automate or subvert the entry process is prohibited and any entries or submissions received through such means will be void. Entries or submissions will be disqualified if they contain inappropriate material or language, including profanity.
11. Disputes/Choice of Law: Except where prohibited, each Entrant agrees that: (i) all issues and questions concerning these Official Rules shall be governed by New York law without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law of any jurisdiction; (ii) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be (A) resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (B) filed only in the state or federal courts situated in New York County, New York, and entrant hereby consents and submits to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such disputes, claims or causes of action; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, special, consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
13. Winners List: For a winners list, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to the TIDAL X: No Limit Contest, Attn: Aspiro AB, 1411 Broadway 39th Floor, New York, NY 10018. Requests for a winner list must be received ninety (90) days after the winner of the Promotion is selected.
Sponsor: Aspiro AB, 1411 Broadway 39th Floor New York, NY 10018.
TIDAL is proud to announce the world's first music service with High Fidelity sound quality, High Definition music videos and expertly curated Editorial.